Retreat for LGBTQ Muslims and Partners
The annual Retreat for LGBTQ Muslims and Partners is a project of the Muslim Alliance for Sexual and Gender Diversity. The Retreat is organized by a committed group of volunteers, who serve as the Retreat Planning Team, under the leadership of two co-chairs. The Retreat Planning Team includes members of the MASGD Steering Committee, as well as volunteers who have attended the Retreat in previous years.
The Retreat for LGBTQ Muslims (and Partners) has been held every year since 2011. Each year, we bring together nearly 100 people for a weekend of powerful dialogue, spiritual nourishment and emotional renewal.
We are currently planning our 2017 Retreat, which will be held October 13-15, 2017 in the Philadelphia area.
- Read the Retreat 2017 announcement.
- Register, apply for scholarships or get more information about this year's retreat at lgbtmuslimretreat.com.
The Retreat needs your support!
The Retreat is entirely supported by the contributions of attendees and donations from our community and allies. Each year, the event seeks sponsorship, donations, and other funding.
We are grateful to our fiscal sponsor, NQAPIA, for their assistance in processing funding for the Retreat, as well as their support for the LGBTQ Muslim community and the mission of the Retreat.
How to get involved
There are a number of ways to support the Retreat and LGBTQ Muslims:
- Donate to our scholarship fund!
- Advertise in our program!
- Spread the word about MASGD and the LGBTQ Muslim Retreat!
- Speak up against bias and misrepresentations of Muslims and LGBTQ people!
Seeking MASGD Photos